Family Health and Wellbeing Talk - Sitting and Exercise - what are the hazards?
Respected wellbeing expert Brian Isbell, an experienced natural health practitioner and educator, is holding regular Bagnall Centre Family Health and Wellbeing talks on Monday mornings.
The talks are open to our customers and complementary health professionals who wish to broaden and deepen their knowledge of self-care and integrated healthcare. These talks will help you and your family understand and implement simple and effective health and wellbeing practices.
Our next talk will focus on:
Sitting and Exercise - what are the hazards?
The talk will look into:
- The risks of sitting.
- The effect of prolonged sitting on the body’s systems and action that can be taken to reduce these risks.
- The importance of posture and ergonomics.
- How to maintain a good posture in everyday activities.
- The benefits of standing compared to sitting.
- Exercise and non-exercise activity and their importance in health.
- The effect of exercise on the mind and body.
- Types of exercise.
- The hazards of exercise.
- Determining exercise for the individual.
- What can be learnt from the Ayurvedic approach to exercise.
- Using exercise to boost your brain.
- Specific exercises for the brain.
10am-12pm, Monday 12th November.
Price: £10 including refreshments (please book in advance to avoid disappointment!).
For the benefit of complementary health practitioners, the talks qualify for Continuing Professional Development points and Brian will provide CPD certificates if required.
Your Lifestyle. Your Health. Your Choices.